/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Purcell-Final-Logo-300x86-3-300x86.png 0 0 Purcell Quality /wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Purcell-Final-Logo-300x86-3-300x86.png Purcell Quality2012-09-11 12:00:002018-02-08 21:43:47The New World Trade Center
The New World Trade Center
Since tragedy stuck on September 11th, 2001, we have been following the development of The New World Trade Center.The lead building of the 6 tower complex is One World Trade Center, which when complete, will be the 3rd tallest building in the world.
- Footprint is nearly identical to the original Twin Towers – a 200ft. X 200ft. square footprint.
- The cost of One World Trade center estimated as of $3.8 billion dollars, it’s the single most expensive building in the world.
- Anticipated completion of One World Trade Center is 2013, only a year away.
- Tower rises from a 185 foot- windowless concrete base – designed to protect against truck bombing and other ground level terrorist attacks.
- Additional safety features includes: 3 foot thick reinforced concrete walls.
- The current base cladding design consists of angled glass fins protruding from stainless steel panels, similar to those on Tower 7.
- LED lights behind the panels will illuminate the base at night. Cable-net glass façades on all four sides of the building for the higher floors, designed by Schlaich Bergermann, will be consistent with the other buildings in the complex.
- From the 20th floor up, the square edges of the tower’s cube base are chamfered back, making the building’s shape into eight tall isosceles triangles.
- An advanced “cocoon” scaffolding system was installed to protect workers from falling. This was the first time that such a safety system had been installed on a steel structure in the city
You can view a live camera of the towers progress here!
|Rendering of Towers 2,3,4,5,7|
- Tower 2- Designer and the WTC site master planner worked together so that on September 11th no shadow will be cast onto Memorial Park.
- Tower 3– Designed so there is no obstructed 360 degree view of the city, this was achieved by placing columns in places other than the towers corners.
- Tower 4- This minimalistic design, completes the WTC master plan’s to create a descending spiral into the memorial
- Tower 5- To be built on the site that is currently occupied by the remains of Deutsche Bank Building, which was damaged by the 2001 terrorist attacks.
- Tower 7- Will be the first certified green building to be constructed in New York City.
|Downtown Manhattan- Tower One progress- spring 2012|