/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Purcell-Final-Logo-300x86-3-300x86.png 0 0 Purcell Quality /wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Purcell-Final-Logo-300x86-3-300x86.png Purcell Quality2012-08-03 11:25:002012-08-03 11:25:00Featured Designer- Renee LeJeune Hallberg
Featured Designer- Renee LeJeune Hallberg
The featured Interior Designer of August is Renee LeJeune Hallberg, of RLH Studio in Minneapolis. Renee is truly an icon in the design industry.
Share your background
- I began my Interior Design career as an assistant to Dorothy Collins in the mid 1980’s, a prominent Interior Designer. After assisting her for 2 years, I worked as an Interior Designer at Durr, Ltd, which specialized in English and French antiques. It was at Durr, Ltd that I built a wonderful clientele and began to hit my stride as an Interior Designer. After 5 years at Durr, Ltd I brought my business to William Beson Interior Design where I continued to grow until I opened the doors to my own design studio in January of 2010.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- I’d love to live on the the coast of South Carolina. I’m a summer girl at heart and would prefer the milder winter season. I also love the southern hospitality and graceful design sense. Truth be told, I wouldn’t leave Minneapolis, Its home.
Describe your dream home in five words:
- Classic, American , understated, properly proportioned.
What are your hobbies:
- Travel, reading, designing, family
Five things you can’t live without:
- My husband and children, dog, extended family, ability to create beautiful rooms.
What are your favorite local shops and restaurants:
- Ampersand, Five Swans, IMS showrooms
- Restaurants: Piccolo, Blvd, Bacio, Gianni’s
Describe one of your favorite projects:
- Recently completed two renovated colonial revival homes-classic, strong bones and beautiful millwork. I really enjoyed honoring the era while adding updated aesthetics and using family friendly materials. The homes are located in Orono and St. Paul.
Who is your favorite furniture/ lighting designer:
- Victoria Hagan and Suzanne Kasler
|Victoria Hagen Furniture Suzanne Kasler Pendant Light|
Fill in the blank, No room would be complete without…
- Artwork and green plants
What is your favorite room in your own home, why?
- My favorite room in my own home is the sunroom. It’s surrounded on three sides with windows and it feels like I’m in a tree house. It is the place I go to read or chat with family members.
Do you have go to paint colors, if so which ones?
- Benjamin Moore Historic Colors
Thank you Renee! Check out more of Renee’s work here