The Featured Designer of July is Renae Keller of Renae Keller Interior Design. Renae is a ASID Certified designer who has been designing beautiful interiors since 1996. Renae is not tied to one specific design style. She believes in collaborating with her clients to paint their story and make the space come alive. Creating beautiful, livable spaces! Renae’s design philosophy… burn the candles, use the china.
Share your background
– Graduated from Mankato State University with a BS in Interior Design in 1996
– Worked at Gunkelmans Interior Design from 1997-2005
– Worked at Engler Skogmo Interior Design from 2005-2010
– Created Renae Keller Interior Design in 2010
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why
-I would live in the Midwest to be close to family and friends. Plus, I hear the people are nice. I would have my favorite spots however, to visit!
Describe your dream home in five words
– Well-appointed, textural, functional, warm and inviting
What are your hobbies
– Gardening, cooking [when I have the time], and spending time with family/friends
Five things you can’t live without
-The color orange
What are your favorite local shops and restaurants
-Porter Creek and Chianti Grill- restaurants
-Zachary Ltd. so inspiring!!!
Describe one of your favorite projects
– I was involved in a 1974 Master Bathroom remodel and updated for a lovely couple. It was a local project and the client was very involved with the project and trusted her team that worked on the project. It was a joy to work on this project because it was functional, yet beautiful. I felt many times throughout the project I was killing two birds with one stone [where there was function and we made it beautiful]. It had wonderful details that the client really cared about and went the extra mile to achieve. The overall aesthetic was serene and peaceful, just what a Master Bathroom should be. What a great way to feel at the start and end of your day!
Who are your favorite artists and furniture designers
-Furniture: Susan Kasler or Alexa Hampton
-Fabric: Celerie Kemble or Raoul
What is your favorite room in your home, why?
– My entry way. It is functional and the most “new” with a fresh coat of Tiffany Blue paint and a Georgia Peach Mirror! I found it for $8 at an estate sale by a wonderful friend of mine.
No room would be complete without…
-A little tailored trim on the pillow or sofa, and of course, a bit of orange…
Do you have “go to” paint colors, which ones are they
-Benjamin Moore: Sailcloth, White Dove and Silver Marlin